Κυριακή 30 Αυγούστου 2009

By the time I see you again


By the time I see you again, I would be an old maid.
By the time I see you again, you will be a grown man.
By the time I see you again, you would have fallen in love with someone else.
By the time I see you again, someone else will have broken your heart.
By the time I see you again, I will be a cold shadow of your past.
By the time I see you again, I will not recognise your boyish look.
By the time I see you again, you will have forgotten my charms.
By the time I see you again, I will have seen so much without you.
By the time I see you again, I will have outgrown this unbearable thought of not seeing you.
By the time I see you again, you will have surpassed my idle idealism.
By the time I see you again, you will no longer be a cynic but a romantic.
By the time I see you again, you will have created a world of your own without me in it.
By the time I see you again, I will have locked my heart so much that I will not feel you inside of me again…
But the time we meet again, we will be like mere strangers in a social gathering of penguins.
By the time I see you again, you will have forgotten how to pronounce my name right.
By the time I see you again, you will be kissing someone else in the dark.
By the time we see each other again we won’t be each other again…
By the time we see each other again…we would have forgotten each other by then…


So in the time of here and now I say to you before we part…
I loved you once…
Only could not face up to the fact that I was too selfish to make it known…
I was too selfish to let my pride and my guard down…
I let you leave; and live your life as you should….
Without me in it…
So that when we see each other again…everything will be as it should!


You here and me there
Me here and you there….

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: