Δευτέρα 1 Φεβρουαρίου 2010

Two shots of Happy, One shot of Sad

It's true that when weighing things out at one point in your life the things that seem to be standing out the most are moments of grief, pain and extreme anguish. Why?
Probably because of the insatiable need of human nature to withhold the fleeting sense of any joyous feeling. The unbearable reality of our existence lies in our need to survive, our yearn to go on, our ambition to persevere, the relinquishment of our vanity...

At this point I would like to reference a film which I have recently sat down and watched called the Invention of Lying (Ricky Gervais - 2009). The movie talked about a world where everyone was telling the truth. And I mean everyone; even your mom, your dad, your siblings, your friends, your blind dates, everyone from the bus boy to the mayor of the town. Imagine living in a world where fiction could not exist, where art was simply done in a way of documentation or a presentation of facts rather the structure of the fictional line. In a world like that there would be no human imagination, no human greed, no human depravity. Well, that's what you would think, wouldn't you? And yet in a world where no one could lie, people are bitchier with each other, taking what they want, when they want, disregarding any pain or hurt or embarrassment they might cause along the way. What really did left me surprised with this film is that even though humans lived in a world of 'lies-free', they were still the same ambitious as they are now. They may not lie to your face, but they were still "hungry" for power, for suitable procreation, pleasurable sexual encounters with partners that are "genetically right" for you etc.

And people, been the weakest link of all earth's sources not only cannot be pleased by the insatiable need to dominate and rule one another, they need someone in the sky to council them and advise them, sort of like try to keep them in line. Hence, we have 'The-Man-In-The-Sky'. The-Man-In-The-Sky is there to absolve us from all our sins right? He's there to tell us that even though we've stolen, hurt, raped or killed; if we repent we are forgiven yes? Well, no! There's a certain amount of "bad things" which you can do in order to be forgiven at the end. In the film that number equals to three "bad things". In life to how many does it equal to? I will not point to any possible answers but rather hope that everyone inside of them know their own limitations on how many "bad things" they can do to get the absolution they need, or they think they need, from The-Man-In-The-Sky.

Why all this blabbing again, you'll think? Well, let's just say that I've had enough of tasting my "two shots of happy and my one shot of sad" all the time, always feeling like I have to overcompensate my life with happy moments to disguise all the sadness hidden within. Let's just say that vanity is my worst enemy at the moment but in order for me to persevere I have to make amends and make it my best friend. The human nature was thus, and thus it shall always be...right? Let's just say that, I know that I cannot live in a world of lies-free, and I most certainly know that I will never live in a world ambition-free. But I can live in a world where happy moments surpass the sad ones...It's a matter of a person's choice the above statement. It's a matter of free-will. Well, The-Man-In-The-Sky, gave us free-will and we are accountable for our actions, and we are accountable for every shot of happiness or sadness that we receive in our lifetime.

Life's all about mixing the bitter and the sweet in the same cup of tea...don't you think?



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: