Κυριακή 31 Αυγούστου 2008

The wish

I wish I knew your name. I wish I knew if you’re happy or sad. If you have love or hollowness inside of you. I wish I knew what makes you mad and what drives you wild. I wish I could be there when you smile in the morning. I wish I could see your eyes in the sunlight without fear or shame. I wish I could know what makes you cry and what song makes your heart melt. I wish I knew the girl who makes you not sleep at night.
And the one who makes you not want to leave your bed in the morning. I wish I could be the one who you would say the last of word of your day and the one to wipe your tiredness with one syllable or a smile. I wish we had met another time, in another place, in another universe; where I wouldn’t be your stranger and your funder but your eerie angel of heart. I wish I knew what makes you live and what has brought you here. I wish your eyes could see mine and know that this is it. I wish I had you for a day…I wish you had me too. I wish this was not our world. I wish you were not in it without me. I wish I knew why your voice never flints and your face is always so austere. I wish it wasn’t so. I wish I could touch you…I wish you would let me touch you…I wish society was not against my wishes…but most of all I wish I did not live in such an imperfect society where to you I am not a wish but just a mere passer-by. Pity that! Oh how I wish you could bessame and ambrace me like the Spaniards do in passion. I wish I had never laid my dull eyes on you, for now I cannot look away and I am force in sadness to do so! I wish I was in you and you in me…but that will never be…for apart we shall always be!

*For the red-vested waiter,
Who I never got to know…*

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: